B.C. Rich Bitch








My B.C. Rich was my third guitar. I got it in 1989. Some folk say it is shit because it is Korean. It's lasted me fine. I put a Khaler trem system on it and it's had millions of pickups in it over the years. Anyway here we are with some pictures, videos and posters of me using my old bitch. Once sleek, now battered, still metal.

Wielding the bitch with Warp Spasm at the Tower Nightclub, Hull 1992.




1989
I think this is the day I got the guitar. It was the first band practice with it. If you call posing in your Mam and Dads loft a band practice. This was for the band Salem. We did a pretty decent rock and metal demo on a four track followed up by a fucking atrocious gig then we split up.

 1990
 
This is in Woodmansey Hall which no longer exists. It is a rehearsal for Warp Spasm and by this point I had taken the bag of shite trem system of the guitar and replaced it with a Khaler  Spyder. Mega.

1991
The debut demo by Warp Spasm, recorded at the Warren studios in Hull. I used the B.C. Rich for all the guitars on this.

With Warp Spasm playing World Insane. This was maybe my first gig. I'd played three before this but they were at school so don't count. This is a battle of the bands and I don't count those as proper gigs so this is my final performance before playing a proper mans gig where you need hairy balls and everything.

The second demo from Warp Spasm, recorded at Animal Tracks Studios Hull. B.C. Rich for all of it.

1992





At the Beverley Rainbow Festival with Warp Spasm. It looks weird to have a glossy look to the guitar, it's been a dull fucked up black for years now.

 Recorded some of the guitars on this what was to be our third and last release as Warp Spasm.





In the Warren Studios recording Smell My Pipe.

Warp Spasm playing Social Cripple live at the Tower Nightclub Hull

1993
Half live half studio album from Cosmic Juggernaut. All the studio stuff was done on the B.C. Rich.

I used the B.C. Rich for all of the rhythum guitars on this.


1994
Used the B.C. Rich for all of this one as well. By this point I had replaced the stock pickups with Gibson Usa covered PAFs.

2004
Did my solo on We All Hail on the B.C. Rich. The Gibson USA pickups had gone and a Dimarzio Super Distortion now lived in the bridge position.

2006

With Man of the Hour at Studio 24 Edinburgh. Halloween Party. Sporting a Malcom Young Signiture neck pickup by this point.

2007
Triple Axe Attack with Man of the Hour at the White Room in Hull.

I played my B.C. Rich for the solo on Spores of the Black Unicorn.

With Man of the Hour at the Carling Academy in Glasgow. I'd stuck a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck to keep the Super Distortion company.

2008
The B.C. Rich was unleashed for the gig that became the worst live album of all time.

2009
With Lovejoys White Jeans aka Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead first gig at Bannemans Edinburgh.

I used the B.C. Rich for all of this.

2010

I used the B.C. Rich for all of this.

I used the B.C. Rich for all of this.





With Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead at the Adelphi Club in Hull.

Live in Edinburgh

With Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead at Bobfest all-dayer in Penicuick.



With Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead live at The Blood of Christ Doom Black Metal all-dayer in Edinburgh.

2011
I used the B.C. Rich for most of this.

 Jackal-Headed Guard of the Dead live in Bannermans Edinburgh.